Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two very different shows

Glee and Deadliest Warrior are not exactly the kind of shows you would normally watch back to back but I did tonight, and I liked them both, for different reasons (obviously).

Glee was funny, and too true, and used the stereotypes in a slightly satirish way, but it wasn't cruel to the stereotypes (well, not TOO cruel). As one of my friends said, it's right up my musical theater alley. I hope they find an excuse for Matthew Morrison to sing, or I'm gonna be really bugged. Of course, we'll need to wait until September to see, since that's when Episode 2 and the rest start.

Deadliest Warrior is fun, but they have GOT to cut down on the trash talk and spinning. Because it's boring. And stupid. And not why anyone would watch it.  Besides, you can always tell who the loser is when you see a weapon do something awesome, like decapitate three heads with one swing, and the other side uses the first argument of the loser: "Well, well, well, you'll have to hit me first."  Oh, really Captain Obvious? Is that the point of a fight? Gosh, if you hadn't said something, I'd just have stood here holding my claymore, expecting that the mere sight of it would strike you dead. Well, so much for that plan. Sheesh.

Or my other favorite "HEY, EVERYONE! I AM A MORON!" argument: "we will win because we are true warriors, and will never back down!" Yeah, unlike your opponents, who are tax accountants. Oh, wait, they're warriors too. Shoot, there goes that out the window. 

That show has a lot going for it, like, well, seeing a claymore decapitate three dummies with one swing. But the talky-talk has gots to go.

No comments: