Sunday, April 26, 2009

Disney's FastPlay

is a vicious lie. I like Disney, I do, I think they made a fine motion picture back in the day, but I feel that they hate me. Honestly, they hate me. Why else would they make it a Herculean task simply to get a DVD to play the movie for which you purchased the DVD? Do they think I bought the disk so that I could sit through 15 minutes of previews for shows that came out thirty years ago? Land of Time XLVII? What percentage of their customers are purchasing Peter Pan for themselves, versus how many are purchasing it for their kids, who will want to watch it RIGHT NOW. Seriously, what frickin' genius decided that DVDs will henceforth NOT play the movie when you pop it in, but will instead make you sit through 15 minutes of dreck, after which you will be permitted to access the menu and select Play, and THEN, sit through another 5 minutes of warnings. So, if you want to watch something, add an extra 20-25 minutes to your plan. Disgusting.

Not that a company like Dreamworks is any better, where they've disabled the menu button for the first 10 minutes. Is it any wonder that people illegally download the movies from bittorrent and simply, I don't know, WATCH the movies? What other industry is so resistant to their customers actually accessing the material they sell?

Do NOT, under any circumstances, select "FastPlay." It is actually "SlowPlay as you wait through ridiculous previews"

No comments: